Fun activities for the family look a little different since the coronavirus outbreak. But, there’s still lots to do in Arkansas while we social distance the weekend away!
Here’s a list of events happening online and in the Natural State:
- HOPE | Every Saturday in the month of May, experience a free good ole fashioned drive-in movie behind the Distance Learning Building on the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope campus. The movies will start at 8:30 p.m., and the first showing (Back to the Future) is this weekend, May 9, 2020. For details, visit the Hempstead Hall Facebook page here.
- MAGNOLIA | Drive-In Movie Night on Thursday, May 28th, at 8 p.m. in the Asbury Methodist Church parking lot! It’s free, and the sound will broadcast through your car stereo. Bring your own snacks and watch the feature film “Mary Poppins Returns.” The address is 1300 E. University Street in Magnolia.
- VIRTUAL | The Museum of Discovery is offering family-friendly STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) “At Home Discoveries!” on their Facebook page here. Their latest is called Skittles Chromatography.
- VIRTUAL/MAGNOLIA | Family Trivia Night via Facebook Live every Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. on the Mule Kick Facebook page.
- SOUTHWEST, AR | Explore the old Cinnabar Mine Nature Trail, a historic, public trail, and hunt for bright-red cinnabar crystals in Southwest, Arkansas near Murfreesboro. It’s a 3/4 mile-round-trip hike, and it’s all free. The Corps of Engineers manages this abandoned mine site along the shoreline of Lake Greeson.
- VIRTUAL/ LITTLE ROCK | The Little Rock Zoo is hosting “Virtual Safaris” on their Facebook page, featuring different animals in the zoo. You can revisit animals in the Virtual Safari video playlist here.
- VIRTUAL/TEXARKANA | May 10, May 17, May 24, and May 31 – Discovery Place Interactive Museum will hold bird watching programs at 2 p.m. on Sundays with live events, tips, and trivia about watching birds. You can join the online adventures on Facebook here.
Do you know of an event (virtual or not) happening in your area that you would like us to add to our growing list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!