We’re always looking for fresh, local stories that are happening within our communities! Do you think you’d be interested in becoming a contributing writer for our Right at the Heart blog? Read below and send us an email at email@example.com!
- You are a storyteller.
- You have a passion for your community and the people who live in it.
- You can come up with story ideas with minimal guidance.
- You can submit a minimum 500-word count story and photos on a deadline.
Tone/Style Details For Our Blog:
- Conversational tone
- Does not follow conventional 5 paragraph essay format – short concise paragraphs that are easy to read
- Fully formatted sections to make posts easy to skim through
- Story headline, photo, and/or video required to complement the story
What You Will Do:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and pitch three story headlines that you’d potentially like to write for the Farmers Bank & Trust Right at the HEART Blog. Include your resume and writing samples.
- If the headlines fit within our content strategy, then we’ll have you write one of the stories and we will come up with a deadline and date to publish.
- After we review your piece, we’ll pay you for the post, publish it on our blog, and you’ll have the opportunity to become a regular contributor if desired. If it doesn’t meet our standards, we will not use it, and you’ll have full rights to the post.
- Based on experience / $75 – $100 per published post
ARKANSAS: Magnolia, Camden, Hope, Prescott, Texarkana, Malvern, Haskell, Bryant/Benton
TEXAS: Texarkana, New Boston, Prosper
*If you become a contributing writer and earn more than $600/year, we will need a completed W-9.