Nothing says “I love you!” like a bit of home maintenance! If a little pre-spring cleaning is your jam, now is the perfect time to get a head start.
To help, here’s a February home maintenance checklist sure to get your juices flowin’:
- Freshen indoor paint on walls, cabinets, doors, and trim.
- Clean and reorganize your laundry room, so it’s clutter-free and more efficient.
- Clean the air duct that connects the back of your dryer to the outside vents.
- Clean the refrigerator condenser coils at the back or on the bottom of the appliance.
- Clean the range hood filter and fan.
- Clean and degrease kitchen cabinets.
- Clean garbage disposal by running it with crushed ice to sharpen, then with baking soda and citrus peels.
- Vacuum the box springs and the mattress top and bottom. Rotate or flip the mattress.
- Check caulking and grout around sinks, showers, and tubs.
- Inspect the roof (with a friend’s help holding the ladder) for missing shingles and damaged vent boots.
- Check the foundation for cracks that can cause significant issues when spring rains arrive.
- Test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors; replace batteries as needed.
There are many financial decisions involved in purchasing or refinancing a home. Let our Farmers Bank & Trust Mortgage team help! Visit HERE for mortgage calculators and more resources.